Community Porter - Custodian
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: August 8, 2019
COMMUNITY PORTER - CUSTODIAN (Cypress Court- St.Cloud, MN) M-F 8-5,
Saturdays/Sundays flexible hours as needed Competitive PTO 9 Paid
Holidays 20% Rent Discount for IRET rents Volunteer Time Off each
Quarter Medical/Dental Benefits- 1st of Month after 60 days 401k
match up to 5%- After 6 months Come join our growing team! As a
Community Porter - Custodian you would have a vital role in the
success of your property and the maintenance staff. You would be
responsible for maintaining the community's common areas, unit
turns, and providing an excellent first impression of the interior
to support our vision of maintaining the appearance and
preservation of our properties. About IRET:IRET was founded in
Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices
located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along
with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to
Minneapolis, MN, our company continues to grow throughout the
Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of
residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of
apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and
serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and
Vision unites our employees as one team. Summary Professionally
performs janitorial, grounds keeping, and light maintenance duties
on a timely basis. Expectations Expected to follow instructions,
understand established procedures and comply with deadlines.
Generally given substantial guidance, but expected to be
self-directed once trained. May need assistance in prioritizing
duties, and setting deadlines. Essential Duties&
Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be
assigned. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
- General property maintenance and property area cleaning.
- Routinely perform the following housekeeping tasks in all
areas: sweep, mop, wax, and vacuum floors; empty wastebaskets; dust
and wipe all surfaces; clean and disinfect bathrooms, showers, and
bathtubs; clean kitchen and pantry, including all shelves and/or
drawers; clean appliances, including the exterior surface and also
inside drum; sweep and clean fireplace hearths; clean windows,
mini-blinds, and mirrors; sweep and clean balconies and patios;
sweep areas directly outside entrances.
- Clean all common areas as scheduled by the supervisor. Areas
include, but are not limited to: parking garage, individual
offices, clubroom areas, community rooms, model units, corporate
apartments, mailbox areas, stairwells, storage areas, and
elevators. Periodic cleaning of windows in these common areas per
the property schedule.
- Responsible for daily touch up cleaning of our tour path and
show apartment homes.
- May assist with light apartment maintenance with introduction
to in home service requests.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all
necessary cleaning products, supplies, and equipment used at the
- Inform supervisor when cleaning supplies are needed. Maintains
cleaning supplies and requests re-ordering of those supplies in a
timely manner. Ensures the proper use of these supplies.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety&
Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
Communicates any safety or risk concerns to management.
- May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and
de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
- Completes apartment unit cleaning for turns.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary
circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Assist in keeping grounds and building neat and free of litter
and dirt; removal of weeds; spraying for weeds and insects; light
snow removal; sanding and salting; cleaning or replacement of
filters; and cleaning of exterior surfaces and doors.
- Assistance with preventative maintenance.
- Assists residents and team with high level of customer
- May utilize work order systems for assignments and closes out
tasks once completed.
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibility This job
has no supervisory responsibilities. Equipment Issued None. Travel
Required Some local travel may be required. Education& Experience
- Preferred: Background in custodial is preferred. Knowledge,
- Language Skills-Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, MSDS sheets, basic maintenance instructions, and
procedural manuals. Ability to understand and communicate with
supervisor and tenants.
- Mathematical Skills-Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide. Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, ratios, circumference, and volume as it relates
to appropriate amounts of cleaning solutions to the areas needing
to be cleaned.
- Reasoning Ability-Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills-Ability to efficiently use and navigate on the
internet and use web based timekeeping software. Physical
Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Constantly (66-100% of the time) - to be on feet, stand, walk;
climb stairs; bend, stoop, crawl, crouch, squat, kneel; use hands
and fingers to grasp, grip, turn and feel; reach above shoulders,
push, pull, lift and carry; operate cleaning equipment such as
vacuums and mops; and talk and hear or effectively and safely
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. Employee must be able to visually determine the difference
between clean and unclean. Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently (33-66% of the time) -lift and/or move 10 - 25
pounds; climb ladders and balance.
- Occasionally (1-33% of the time) -lift and/or move more than 25
pounds, although usually with the assistance of another employee
Keywords: IRET, Saint Cloud , Community Porter - Custodian, Other , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!