Leasing Associate - Part-Time
Company: IRET Properties
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: April 13, 2019
PART-TIME LEASING ASSOCIATE (CYPRESS COURT - ST. CLOUD, MN)
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Come join our growing team of Leasing Associates!
If you want a rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-energy
environment with ongoing customer interactions, join our growing
company and you will be rewarded for your efforts and commitment to
excellence! As the Leasing Associate you would be responsible for
handling all aspects of leasing apartment units in accordance with
Company and Fair Housing guidelines.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You
can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota
and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight
states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our
company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing
apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to
be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities
by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around
our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one
Responsible for the rental of apartment units to ensure maximum
occupancy at all times and high renewal rates by performing the
following duties personally.
Follows already established procedures and routine practices.
Follows internal policies, Fair Housing guidelines and external
laws regarding property management. Generally given substantial
guidance, but expected to be self-directed once trained. Able to
follow instructions, prioritize duties and comply with
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Responds to walk-in traffic, phone inquiries, and internet
* Provides prospective residents with information about the
apartment, neighborhood and lease terms.
* Documents inquiries in residential software program.
* Schedules appointments.
* Greets prospects in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
* Completes guest card.
* Shows apartment, presenting the benefits and advantages of the
property and neighborhood.
* Closes sale. At least three tactful attempts should be made
before accepting a prospects desire to decline.
* If a prospect does not lease, a brochure and application should
be provided to them.
* All sales techniques must remain within the Fair Housing
* Updates to the phone log and greeting card components of the
residential software program must be completed in accordance with
* May screen all prospective residents, including the running of
criminal and credit reports.
* Accurately complete leases, addendums and supporting
* Perform and document follow-up information in residential
software program as directed by IRET policy.
* Reduce customer dissatisfaction while maintaining Fair Housing
Back up for this position may be provided by other Leasing
personnel, or the Community Manager, or other personnel as
Some evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.
If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly
reimbursement according to company policy.
Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local
apartment associations, realtor groups, service clubs, chamber of
commerce or local merchant associations, charitable giving
programs, etc. Encouraged to do some service projects and keep in
contact with the local fire and police departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations, gives full attention to what others are
saying without interrupting, take time to understand what is being
said, and effectively expresses ideas and opinions.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits
work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet
different audiences, presents numerical data effectively, able to
read and interpret written information.
* Customer Service Orientation - When dealing with internal or
external customers - Manages difficult or emotional situations,
responds promptly to customer needs or requests, solicits customer
feedback to improve service, follow through on requests for service
and assistance, and meets commitments.
* Teamwork & Collaboration - Balances team and individual
responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a
positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests,
supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate
and works effectively with all other departments to accomplish
* Respect & Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, educates others
on the value of diversity, promotes a harassment-free environment,
embraces differences and utilizes those differences to the
company's benefit, builds a diverse workforce.
* Ethics & Integrity - Treats people with respect, keeps
commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with honesty,
integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values, maintains
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts
well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position, keeps emotions under
control, focuses on resolving conflict not blaming, maintains
confidentiality, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows
through on commitments. Represents a professional image of IRET in
conduct and adherence to dress code requirements.
* Organizational Support - Completes tasks correctly and on time,
supports organization's goals and values, demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
* Responsibility - Know and adhere to all federal, state, and/or
local laws as well as company policies and procedures contained in
the manuals, handbooks and training provided by IRET or as
otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
* Resourcefulness - Understands how to get results, where to find
answers to problems, consults a variety of resources in order to
accomplish results, able to multi-task.
* Motivation & Enthusiasm - Sets and achieves challenging goals,
demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self
against standard of excellence, positively contribute to overall
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages
competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the
situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
* Initiative - Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development
activities, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers
help when needed.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time,
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Education and/or Experience -High School Diploma, or equivalent,
is preferred. Background in sales is helpful.
* Driving Requirements - may require a Valid Driver's License if
assigned to more than one property.
IRET is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: IRET Properties, Saint Cloud , Leasing Associate - Part-Time, Other , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!