Folder Operator - Night Shift (7pm-5am Monday- Thursday)
Company: Nahan Printing
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide work direction and assistance to other Folder operators
with difficult troubleshooting on the folders and all in-line
equipment to correct the problem and educate the operators.
- Demonstrate leadership in working with operators, Helpers, and
- Perform job ok's and job sample checks for other
- Fill in for Shift Leader as needed.
- Develop new ways to improve productivity and operational
efficiency of Finishing equipment.
- Inspect cost center processes to determine that they are done
properly and quality standards are followed.
- Ensure preventive maintenance processes are followed.
- Assist Shift Leaders with training and motivating employees to
adequately operate equipment.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot problems.
- Communicate with next shift about status of job(s) and any
- Complete all paperwork and use timekeeping system
- Inform Shift Leader and show ability to order supplies or parts
- Maintain 6S compliant area at all times within the dept.
- Be cooperative, positive and respectful with leaders, coworker
- Ensure all safety policies are followed and hold a high regard
for the safety of others.
- Participate in proper ergonomic practices as designed for this
- Aggressively seek out opportunities for company and
- Schedule all outside activities around work schedule when
possible and work overtime as needed.
- Responsible for informing leader of any concerns that
- Work safely and make sure each member of the crew has a safe
- Perform a 6S audits and have equipment 6S compliant by shifts
- Perform the designated quality checks to ensure the equipment
is producing a quality product.
- Report any quality issues to the shift leaders
- Operate equipment at or above the planned run speeds set by
Nahan Printing, Inc.
- Perform TPM's daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to ensure
the equipment is running at optimum performance.
- Attend and participate in Cost Center meetings
- Basic understanding of Lean manufacturing principles: 6S,
Set-up Reduction and TPM.
- Participate and support continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in 6S/Lean manufacturing initiative.
- Understand and complete MDI sheets for your equipment.
- Complete other tasks as requested by Leader/Shift Leader.
Skills and/or Knowledge include the following:
- Ability to operate secondary piece of equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures in other departments (Press, Direct
Mail, Prep, Distribution, etc.)
- Knowledge of Finishing equipment, materials and products.
- Computer experience.
- Ability to train and coach.
- Demonstrated good leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and
- Physical effort - refer to physical demand analysis.
Keywords: Nahan Printing, Saint Cloud , Folder Operator - Night Shift (7pm-5am Monday- Thursday), Other , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!