Lead, On Road Delivery Operations
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our Worldwide Operations network delivers millions of packages
and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for
motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team
as Team Lead, On the Road Operations. In this role, you will lead
and be responsible for supporting delivery associates through each
step of the delivery process and tracking delivery metrics. You
will also be responsible for training all delivery associates in
safety, compliance, and the operation of the vehicle through all
local, state, federal requirements
Our Operation's workflow has three major components: First mile
- where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile -
where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile - when the
product is delivered to the customer's door. Please note that all
workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is
constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) is an exciting organization
within Amazon specializing in delighting our customers with speed
in which we can make items appear on their doorsteps. We are a
combination of operations and support teams aligned to innovate for
the last mile customer experience. Come build the future with
Key Responsibilities and Job Elements:
- Partner with leadership to coordinate, facilitate, and measure
training related activities for groups of Delivery Associates.
- Track and monitor performance including on road ride behinds to
measure on-road quality, adherence to standards, and identify
re-training and process improvement opportunities.
- Support standard work and safety programs.
- Train new Delivery Associates on how to drive and operate the
- Cultivate and sustain a safe environment, high-quality customer
delivery, professional driver experience and positive culture.
- Be a subject matter expert for Delivery Associates and Delivery
Service Partners process areas
- Promote a positive culture for Delivery Associates.
- Ensure all federal, state and local laws and requirements are
- Conduct weekly performance reviews with delivery partners
- Establish trust and credibility by maintaining a high level of
integrity, communications and professional demeanor.
For this role, you will need to be:
- At least 21 years old, and authorized to work in the United
- Eligible to drive in accordance with DOT requirements
- Able to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- Able to lift 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up
to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, as
well as continuously climb and descend stairs
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and is
subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations
include outside loading departments, and grocery locations include
- A high school or equivalent diploma
- Hold a valid and active driver's license
- 1+ year of experience delivering training both to individuals
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Driver Qualification
- 1+ year of team lead experience
- Experience with performance metrics and lean process
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
skills to coach, train and assist team members
- Solution-oriented, analytical approach to problems
- A high bar for accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to develop strong partnerships
Strong judgment and decision-making abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Saint Cloud , Lead, On Road Delivery Operations, Other , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!