ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER (Regency Park Estates- St. Cloud,
10 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for Centerspace rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits - 1st of Month Following Start
Centerspace Stock Purchase Plan
401k match up to 5% - Immediately!
Come join our growing team of Assistant Community Managers!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Property
Management and desires the opportunity to expand their Management
skills with our growing company. As an Assistant Community Manager,
you would have a vital role in the success of your property. You
would be responsible for overseeing the property and staff in
absence of the Community Manager, assisting with various reporting
functions, leasing and collection of rents.
About Centerspace: Centerspace was founded in Minot, North
Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate support offices located
in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with
onsite operations in six states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis,
MN, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly
providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our
vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant
communities by focusing on integrity and serving others.
Centerspace is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision
unites our employees as one team.
Under the direction of, and together with, the Community
Manager, the primary responsibilities include ensuring that the
community generates a satisfactory cash flow and that the property
is maintained in accordance with Centerspace standards. Assures
customer satisfaction. Duties will be performed following Company
procedures and in accordance with EHO and EEO regulations and
Requires little supervision. Self-directed and self-motivated.
Prioritizes and sets deadlines. May assist others in prioritizing,
setting deadlines, problem solving, etc. May direct the work of
others and acts as the Community Manager in the absence of the
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following: To
perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- Participates in weekly pricing and renewal calls and recommends
strategy to achieve goals.
- Coordinates resident events and volunteer events.
- Serves as a direct contact for residents answering questions
and resolving issues.
- Handles eviction processing.
- May assist with resident inspections.
- Monitors renter's insurance compliance.
- Leasing Consultant responsibilities and duties.
- Responsible for rent collections and managing delinquency.
- May assist with processing statements of deposit accounting
within 7 days of move out.
- Completes SODAs within seven days of move out.
- May assist Community Manager with purchase order and invoice
- Reviews balances and credits to ensure proper accounting of
charges and payments are applied
- Prepares for month end closing.
- Provides supervisory support to resolve resident issues.
- Collaborates with Asset Management and the Community Manager to
prepare renewal plans.
Responsibilities are 30% marketing & sales, 30% customer
service, 30% business admin, 10% property maintenance.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Standard computer package issued. If expected to carry a mobile
phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement according to company
Some local travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent. Three years of
property management experience.
- Preferred: A two-year degree from a college or university in
Business, Management, or a related field. Background in sales is
- Certifications and/or Licenses:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such
as lease documents, safety rules, instructions, and procedural
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an
individual should be computer literate and have knowledge of
Property Management software; MRI preferred; working knowledge of
Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to use computer in professional
manner is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand;
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with arms and
hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.