IT Support Specialist
Company: Benton County Personnel
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: March 14, 2020
IT Support Specialist
--- Closing Date/Time
- Sunday 03/08/20 at 4:30pm Central Time
- $24.33 - $33.38 Hourly
- $4,217.20 - $5,785.87 Monthly
- $50,606.40 - $69,430.40 Annually
--- Job Type:
- Full Time (Non-Union Position)
- 531 Dewey Street, Foley, Minnesota
--- Description :
- Under the direction of the Information Technology Director, the
IT Support Specialist will provide technical and analytical support
for all county employees to aid their use of all supported
technology to complete their assigned projects and/or duties.
--- Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- The following duties are normal for this position. These duties
are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.? Other
duties may be required and assigned.
* Provide professional, customer-focused Help Desk support for end
users.? Document all stages of Help Desk requests and projects.
* Repair, install, replace and maintain computer and peripheral
equipment.? Utilize patch management and security software.
* Support and maintain help desk tracking and asset management
* Install and maintain countywide applications on end user
* Procure, track and manage hardware and software assets using
bidding and selection processes that align with county procurement
* Administer and support endpoint security systems which include
ant-virus, device encryption and web filtering.
* Utilize PC imaging software for end user computing devices.
* Assist in troubleshooting connectivity issues including routers,
switches, fiber and related equipment.
* Support and Administer a Microsoft O365 enterprise environment
and help end users perform basic tasks or troubleshoot
* Manage end user security training platforms.
* Guide and mentor seasonal helpdesk intern position.
* Support and maintain Audio/Video technology.
* Document all assigned procedures clearly and concisely.
* Develop and maintain respectful and cooperative working
* Regular attendance according to the department's work schedule
which may include occasional after hours or on-call work.
* Attend assigned meetings, training and be an active member of
relevant County committees.
* Engage in IT project management as it pertains to end users,
vendors and their use and implementation of hardware and software
--- Education And Experience:
- Associates degree or a 2 year Certification in the area of
Information Technology or related field and hands on experience
with the technical aptitude and disciplines listed in the job
description or a combination of experience and education will be
--- License And Certification:
- Valid MN driver's license while operating vehicle on county
- Relevant Technical certifications are preferred.
--- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to perform moderately physically demanding work,
typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and that may involve
the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy
objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
--- Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability:
- Must possess ability to handle confidential and data privacy
- Must possess ability to solve problems and determine appropriate
course of action.
- Must possess ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagrams or schedule forms.
- Must possess ability to calmly and efficiently troubleshoot
technical issues in a fast paced environment.
--- Communication Skills:
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively and
professionally with information technology staff, property
management staff, other county employees, vendors and the
--- Environmental Adaptability:
- Work is normally performed in an office environment. Headaches,
eyestrain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and related occupational hazards
associated with computer work reflect the most common potential for
- Duties may be performed in the Benton County Jail working with
and amongst inmates.
To apply, please visit:
Keywords: Benton County Personnel, Saint Cloud , IT Support Specialist, Other , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!