Company: Falls Ballroom
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: December 1, 2019
Job Summary Responsible for all kitchen functions including food
purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards,
sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of
cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control,
and sanitation and cleanliness.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission
of Falls Ballroom and our mission statement.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow
standards and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for
kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration
temperature control points.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of
products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard
recipes and waste control procedures.
- Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking,
garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Work with Will and Tiffany to plan and price menu items,
establish portion sizes, and prepare standard recipe cards for all
new menu items.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged
in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the Ballrooms recipes, portioning, cooking and
- Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business
activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as
needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure
conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed
to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined
product specifications and received in correct unit count and
- Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the
Ballrooms receiving policies and procedures.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary
to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative
- Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking
activities of multiple events on site or off site.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food,
labor, and overhead costs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order
- Make employment and termination decisions including recruiting,
interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen
personnel as appropriate.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee
performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely
- Oversee and ensure that ballroom policies regarding personnel
are followed, and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective
action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies
and procedures to new kitchen employees.
- Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen
equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid,
CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous
- Collaborate with Will to plan and develop recipes or menus,
considering such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or
the likely number of guests.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and preventive
- Meet with guests to discuss menus for special occasions, such
as weddings, parties, or banquets.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and
schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests'
needs and support the operation of the Ballroom.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest
service standards and efficient operations.
Tools & Technology (examples in parentheses) This is a list of
items that the chef should be comfortable using.
- Carbonated beverage dispenser
- Commercial use:
- blenders, choppers, cubers, dicers, graters, grinders, peelers,
processors, and/or slicers
- broilers, deep fryers, griddles, grills, heat lamps, high
pressure steamers, microwave ovens, ovens, pizza ovens, ranges,
rice cookers, rotisseries, smokers, steamers, toasters, waffle
- coffee grinders
- coffee or iced tea makers
- cotton candy machines or accessories
- dough machines
- food warmers
- measuring cups
- pasta machines
- popcorn machines
- rolling pins
- Domestic tools:
- apple corer
- double boilers
- garnishing tools
- kitchen or food thermometers
- kitchen tongs
- knife sharpeners
- melon or butter baller
- strainers or colanders
- trash compactors
- vegetable brush
- whipped cream maker
- Fire blankets
- Fire extinguishers
- Ice dispensers
- Ice shaver machines or accessories
- Non-carbonated beverage dispenser
- Notebook computers
- Personal computers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
Keywords: Falls Ballroom, Saint Cloud , Head Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!