Plasma Center Medical Support - RN, LPN, or EMT-P (Part Time or Full T
Company: Shire Pharmaceuticals
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: January 30, 2019
We are currently looking to fill an afternoon shift with hours typically ranging from 12:00PM-8:30PM. RN, LPN, and EMT-P licensing accepted! Immediate full benefits are available for both full and part-time employees.
The Medical Support Specialist determines donor eligibility to donate plasma, management of donor adverse events, review of laboratory test results, donor notification of unsuitable test results. The Medical Support Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational guidance and under the supervision of the Center Physician for medical issues. The Medical Support Specialist follows guidance provided by BioLife Medical Affairs and provides center level support of environmental, health and safety (EHS).
- Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner, to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as required.
- Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician s standing orders and donor transport to emergency care facilities.
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information (PDI).
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center Physician per applicable SOPs.
Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by the EHS Manager
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of employees, as required.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Manage employee incidents and determine whether further evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS guiding regarding employee incidents.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
Will perform all required duties in the area of Medical History (including, but not limited to):
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
- Graduate of a recognized educational program.
- Paramedic (EMT-P), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification required.
- Able to satisfactorily complete the FDA approved training requirements for BioLife Medical Support Specialist.
- Effective communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work with other the Center Medical Team members to ensure coverage of all operating hours.Takeda is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics. Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
A subsidiary of Takeda, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.
BioLife's employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on the job training, advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives. Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed practical, lpn, lvn, med, med surg, mtp, nurse iv, vocational
Keywords: Shire Pharmaceuticals, Saint Cloud , Plasma Center Medical Support - RN, LPN, or EMT-P (Part Time or Full T, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!