Physician - Care in the Community/Integrative Whole Health, VN-0602-00
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: September 13, 2018
S/he functions as an administrator, educator, and consultant with a wide range of experience demonstrating leadership and performance that is broad enough to improve care for large groups of Veterans through influencing policies and decisions at the health care system level and beyond. The Care in the Community/Integrative Whole Health (CITC/IWH) Champion Physician is knowledgeable in Integrative Medicine and Whole Health, as well as Clinical Care, and will be charged with integrating the Whole Health approach into the established practices and processes. Whole Health is an approach which emphasizes Veteran empowerment and self-care in the larger context of well-being, and incorporates a full range of conventional and complementary and integrative health (CIH) approaches. Clinical practices will be formed within the Primary & Specialty Medicine Service Line and cooperatively supervised with the Chief of Staff.
- Provides leadership in the operations of the St. Cloud VA Medical Center, including staff training, education, scheduling, and coordination of care within the CITC/IWH team.
- Develops, implements and evaluates Quality Improvement activities relating to Care in the Community.
- Reviews, tracks and evaluates quality improvement initiatives related to CITC/IWH.
- Develops and/or reviews protocols, order sets, clinical reminders, and note templates relating to CITC/IWH.
- Focus of clinical practice is the evaluation of Veteran patients including prevention and patient self-management and responsible for referral to management of clinical concerns found during these evaluations.
- Develops strategies and evaluates effectiveness of the CITC/IWH programs to achieve optimum patient outcomes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Work Schedule: Administrative days Financial Disclosure Report: Not required EDRP: If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information. Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized. This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled. Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Applicant must pass pre-employment physical.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type): VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA 10-2850, Completed Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrist and Optometrists
- Transcript IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO APPLY THROUGH USA STAFFING, PLEASE CONTACT JANE BLOMMEL, HR SPECIALIST AT EXT 7847 OR VIA E-MAIL AT
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Saint Cloud , Physician - Care in the Community/Integrative Whole Health, VN-0602-00, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!