Physician (Pulmonologist), AD-0602-00, Primary & Specialty Medicine
Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: September 13, 2018
- The Pulmonologist is responsible for consultation and Co-longitudinal care of Pulmonary Medicine (face-to-face, VOD/VMR, CVT, E-consult).
- The Pulmonologist will have oversight of Pulmonary Functions and Sleep Medicine Programs to include:
- Interpretation of Pulmonary Functions Test
- Review of at Home Sleep study results
- Clinical review and consultation for problematic sleep apnea patients.
- Pulmonologist will be available for medical opinions related to specialty area.
- Pulmonologist may serve as an ADHOC physician to the Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service Line patient care and the Ventilator patients.
- Pulmonologist serves as the clinical advisor for Respiratory Therapists.
- Pulmonologist will make every effort to attend primary care staff meetings, department meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- All physicians work within their privileges at all times and follow the Medical Bylaws. Work Schedule: Administrative Days, Monday-Friday, 32 hours per pay period. Financial Disclosure Report: Not required If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information. Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized. This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board certified/eligible preferred. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Applicant must pass pre-employment physical.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type): VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA 10-2850, Completed application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists and Optometrists
- Transcript IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO APPLY THROUGH USA STAFFING, PLEASE CONTACT JANE BLOMMEL, HR SPECIALIST AT EXT 7847 OR VIA E-MAIL AT
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Saint Cloud , Physician (Pulmonologist), AD-0602-00, Primary & Specialty Medicine, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!