Physician (Associate COS Primary and Specialty Ambulatory Medicine), VM-0602-00
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: September 12, 2018
The incumbent has responsibility for the overall planning, coordination, evaluation and oversight of the clinical and administrative functions of the service line and its staff. Assures that services are of quality as based on performance improvement and monitoring and are cost-effective and accessible. Assures customer satisfaction and functional improvement as an outcome of care and services. Is responsible for coordinating the service line's function with other service lines in the medical center. Supervises and directs the operations of all programs assigned to the Primary & Specialty Medicine Service Line. Serves as Primary Care Provider and Director for the service line. The St. Cloud VA Health Care System serves over 37,000 unique Veterans per year at the medical center in St. Cloud, and at three Community Based Outreach Clinics located in Alexandria, Brainerd and Montevideo.
Work Schedule: Administrative Days, Monday-Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
EDRP: If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board certified/eligible.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must pass pre-employment physical.None
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA 10-2850, Completed application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists and Optometrists
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO APPLY THROUGH USA STAFFING, PLEASE CONTACT JANE BLOMMEL, HR SPECIALIST AT 320-255-6480 EXT 7847 OR VIA E-MAIL AT JANE.BLOMMEL@VA.GOV
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Saint Cloud , Physician (Associate COS Primary and Specialty Ambulatory Medicine), VM-0602-00, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!