Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN (Many specialties)
Company: PeopleScout for Altru
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job DescriptionAltru Health System, located in Northeast North Dakota, and Northwest Minnesota, offers challenging and rewarding nursing career opportunities. We are seeking committed, motivated and compassionate nurses to join our team. Newly licensed graduates are welcome! Relocation assistance is available.Many specialties are open in clinic settings.Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, 401K (matching and immediate vesting), 24 days of PTO for full-time employees, and tuition reimbursement.Salary range: $17.07 - $26.88Are you ready to make a change that will help bring your nursing skills to the next level?Do what you love. Make a difference improving health and enriching life. Join our team.From Altru employee: "I enjoy working at Altru because of the sense of community."Altru Health System is a physician led, community owned, not-for-profit, fully integrated health system. More than 210 physicians representing 44 specialties serve a referral population which exceeds 225,000 people in Northeast North Dakota and Northwest Minnesota. We are proud members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), your role will be to perform and document assessments appropriate to licensure; ensure health history and admission process is completed; ensure that intervention or referrals are made; identify discharge planning/education needs; deliver patient care; administer medications utilizing the 6 Rights and according to licensure; identify significant changes or high risk situations; complete all documentation; perform personal cares; demonstrate knowledge and use of equipment; communicate patient progress, and adjust own workload. Patients cared for include children, adolescents, adults and geriatric.Your Essential Job FunctionsYou will assist the registered nurse or other licensed practitioner in the identification of patient needs, priorities of care and goals based on patient's age, ethnic origin, economic status, lifestyle, creed or philosophical beliefs. Contribute to the evaluation of the plan of care by capturing, observing, recording, and communicating patient responses to nursing interventions. Modify the plan of care in collaboration with licensed practitioner.You will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team, supplying to the implementation of an integrated patient-centered care plan.You may assign or delegate the responsibility for performance of nursing interventions to other persons for which that person has the necessary skills and competence to accomplish safely.You identify the early warning signs of a change in a patient's condition and reports appropriately. Implement nursing interventions and prescribed medical regimens in a timely and safe manner and document nursing care provided accurately and timely.You collaborate and communicate meaningful and timely patient information with patients/families and other multidisciplinary team members to ensure quality and continuity of care.You report the patient's self-report/symptoms of pain promptly according to standard operating procedure.You participate in the health education approved by a licensed practitioner.You assist in the discharge planning, appropriate education and counseling based on identified needs to optimize patient/family understanding.You will perform other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintains requirements for age specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth and developments and the skills necessary to provide patient/customer care/services.
- All pertinent safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Working safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- The work environment safety procedures and prompt reporting of unsafe practices, procedures, accidents, injuries or other safety violations to the Leader.
- The use of all safety equipment and personal protective equipment.License, Certification & RegistrationTitle - Licensed Practical NurseCredentialing Body - North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON) or Compact State AgreementTimeframe When Needed - Prior to Start DateLicensed Practical Nurse - Minnesota Board of NursingTimeframe When Needed - Within 2 Months of Start DateBasic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Assoc. or American Red Cross CPR for Prof. RescueTimeframe When Needed - Within 2 Months of Start DateEEOCompany DescriptionAltru Health System is a physician led, community owned, not-for-profit, fully integrated health system. More than 210 physicians representing 44 specialties serve a referral population which exceeds 225,000 people in Northeast North Dakota and Northwest Minnesota. We are proud members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
Keywords: PeopleScout for Altru, Saint Cloud , Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN (Many specialties), Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!