Radiologic Technologist (POOL) - St. Cloud Surgical Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Location: US-MN-St. Cloud# of Openings: 1Category: Per
DiemSystem ID: 14549Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Radiologic Technologist.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Develop an individualized patient plan of care by implementing:
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Knowledge of radiation equipment including the maintenance and
care of equipment
- Maintain radiation safety at all time in accordance with
facility policies and procedures.
- Follow established protocols for cleaning, preparing, and
operating radiological equipment.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Apply principles of radiation protection to teammates, LIPs,
- Assist physician with imaging procedure
- Follow safety procedures and manufacturer's instructions when
handling cleaning solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Ensure proper identification and documentation of radiographic
- Evaluate radiographic images for technical quality and stores
film according to facility's policy and guidelines
- Inventory, receive, and restock materials used for radiological
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and
accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise, and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures,
regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines
when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Properly utilizes C-arm and other x-ray equipment, ensuring
patient safety, comfort and accuracy of x-ray image while assisting
physician with imaging procedures.
- Observes required safety precautions by using filtering
devices, and providing shielding for patients and other individuals
in the room with x-ray protective apparel/shields.
- Assures accurate information is available on patients by
maintaining records and files.
- Maintains digital imaging equipment and image storage.
- Maintains accurate documentation as indicated by state, federal
and accrediting regulations.
- Tests x-ray equipment and protective apparel as indicated by
state and federal regulations.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Sets up and operates radiation equipment in operating
- Assists patients with pre and postop procedure x-ray
- Assists OR with room turnover during down time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited radiology program required.
- Prior experience as a Radiologic Technologist preferred.
- Successful completion of BLS Course within 90 days of
employment required or documentation of current BLS
- ARRT licensure as required by state.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments,
attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the
Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families,
physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors,
volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a
manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Saint Cloud , Radiologic Technologist (POOL) - St. Cloud Surgical Center, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!