Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job DescriptionOverview: Bridges MN is hiring Certified Nursing
Assistant to oversee the day to day operations of our adult sites
in St. Cloud MN which serves individuals with disabilities.Purpose
Statement:The role of the Certified Nursing Assistant is to help
individuals live in their own homes, identify and achieve goals,
and improve the quality of their lives. The Certified Nursing
Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and designated
health-related services designed to maintain the client's physical
and emotional well-being for those clients living at Bridges
MN.This shift is not negotiable to be changed.Schedule: Monday-
Friday 7am-3pmPay rate: $14.00/hr + $1.00/hr weekend differential
rate*** PERSONAL CARES (dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring,
feeding, etc.) ***Job Roles/Responsibilities:
- Administer medications and give reminders to clients as
required according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR)
and as delegated by the RN.
- Follow policy for administering medications PRN standing
- Follow policy and procedure for narcotic administration and
- Follow policy and procedure for medication administration when
a client is leaving the building.
- Follows policy and procedures when receiving new or changed
- Reorder medications and supplies weekly, or as needed.
- Understand standard precautions used for infection control and
adhere to them.
- Other medication administration duties as assigned by RN.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living as indicated on
their individual service agreement (including, but not limited to
dressing, showering, grooming, toilet assistance and escorting).
- Assist clients with daily room order and light housekeeping.
- Assist clients with personal laundry duties, which may include
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Promote independence, not dependence, with clients offering
choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Document any changes in clients' condition in the client chart
and communication log. Report these changes to the Residential
- Completes incident reports according to policy.
- Understands procedures regarding home care tasks and charting
procedures when performing these tasks.
- Recognizing abnormal signs and symptoms, or changes in clients'
- Documenting duties completed with clients on the service
delivery record during each shift.
- Filing papers in clients' charts as needed.
- Signing Medication Administration Records (MAR's) monthly.
- Reviewing and signing all new clients plan of care/ weekly
service record and changes in current clients' plan of care.
- Reading the communication book and checking employee mailbox
before the start of each shift.
- Checking outgoing US mailbox, collecting US mail delivered and
distributing US mail and in-house mail to the clients.
- Other documentation as assigned and/ or needed.
- Understand and adhere to the Vulnerable Adult and abuse policy,
Bill of Rights and HIPPA.
- Works to assure facility is in compliance with federal, state
and local standards and regulations.
- Complete mandatory online annual trainings modules -assigned
and due monthly.
- Be up to date with completing mantoux tests and chest x-rays
(if needed- based upon site).
- Encourage, gather and/ or escort clients to participate in
scheduled activity programs.
- Lead activity programs as assigned.
- Socialize with clients and incorporate new ideas and client
suggestions into programming.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with RN,
LPN, RS, and other Bridges MN staff.
- Provide backup to other staff as needed to ensure 24 hours
- Communicate information regarding clients care needs and
changes to the team and families.
- Provide proactive and constructive participation in staff
- Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire, weather or
- Follow through promptly on requested duties.
- Assisted kitchen staff at meal times with set up, serving and
- Provide on-the-job training for new associates.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable using a calm and kind
tone of voice.
- The ability to remain calm in difficult or unusual
- Support the mission and values of Bridges MN.Required Skills
and Experience: (Minimum requirements in terms of educational
background, work experience, licenses/certifications or other
knowledge, skills, and abilities.)
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Must have a valid drivers license, if driving is required.
- Ability to pass a background check with the Department of
Health and Human Services
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- No more than two minor moving violations in the past 3 years
- No major violations (DUI, Careless, Reckless, Serious Speed,
Driving While License Suspended, etc) in the past 5 years
- Compassionate about the care and well-being of others
- Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with clients,
families, staff and other customers.
- Possess the ability to read, write and comprehend simple
instructions, correspondence and documentation, including medical
terminology, in English.
- Be punctual with a good attendance record.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.Additional Skills
and Experience: (Preferred or Helpful)
- Direct Care experience.Why work for us?Bridges MN strive to
create a culture of serving our residents with the utmost
excellence of care.Benefits:PTO, 401K and profit sharing as well as
medical/dental/vision (for FT employees).Our purpose is to improve
the lives of disabled individuals by creating opportunities for
more independence in their homes and jobs. With our exceptional
staff, valued partners and government agencies, Bridges provides a
solid foundation in supporting personal growth and positive
experiences. To accomplish our mission, Bridges engages in a
process of discovering individual needs as well as individual
dreams. We want to ensure informed choice and person centered
planning in helping to design innovative service models for
individuals no matter the level of need. In short, we live to help
and improve the lives of our residents. We want our staff to
emulate this motto.Bridges MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In
compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental
status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation,
disability, or Veteran status.
Keywords: BridgesMN, Saint Cloud , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!