Digital Print & Mailing Manager
Company: Toppan Merrill LLC
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: October 9, 2019
The Digital Print & Mailing Manager will oversee the day to day
operation of directing employees across digital, bindery, and
mailing production functions. The person filling this role will
provide print production solutions for Toppan Merrill print-related
products produced in Grove City, OH.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directs, schedules, and coordinates print activities from file
receipt through delivery in meeting customer requirements.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate information in regard to day
to day activity; analyzing production and press capacity data;
performing mathematical calculations to determine press and
pre-press processes, raw material, and manpower requirements; and
implementing corrective actions as necessary.
* Responsible for project expense audits and reconciliation as
deemed necessary by plant leadership. This includes developing
on-going positive relationships with print services, estimating,
client services, pre-media, manufacturing, and suppliers on options
to establish priorities of new or prospective and in-process jobs.
Notifying appropriate parties of necessary changes.
* Participating in the development, revision and implementation of
print planning, production, manufacturing technique along with
fulfillment and shipping.
* Provides leadership while ensuring client satisfaction, on time
performance, and the highest possible quality in a short-run
digital (toner and ink-jet) production facility.
* Primary resource for all small parcel and mail services
interactions with internal and external customers/suppliers, and
ensuring compliance with all USPS and UPS/FedEx regulatory
* Accountable for ensuring stakeholder needs and service level
timings are consistently met in a cost-effective manner.
* Stays abreast of United States Postal Service (USPS) regulatory
requirements and implementation of applicable changes. Stays
abreast of all UPS/FedEx requirements and regulations.
* Provides training to Mail Services and shipping staff on all USPS
regulatory requirements and small parcel regulations.
* Primary resource for conducting customer analysis on freight and
* This position also plays a key role in re-engineering the
processes and technology to recommend cost effective and compelling
solutions to Toppan Merrill customers.
* Responsible for establishing procedures and guidelines for all
daily activities within the data processing department, including
adherence to all USPS regulations and requirements.
* Supervises, directly or indirectly, multiple departments and
suppliers. Works with his/her peers to affect a positive result
across three shift operations.
* Demonstrates leadership by coaching, counseling and developing
team members. Interprets & ensures consistent application of
* Regularly meets with internal departments to improve workflow,
communicating openly and positively, reviews metrics, service level
agreements and future opportunities.
* Interfaces with internal stakeholders and various levels of
leadership to tactfully resolve service issues, ensure service
level adherence and to ensure all stakeholder needs are met.
* Provides direction to production staff regarding compliance
requirements for of all outgoing mail and small parcel packages
presented to the United States Postal Service, PB Presort, UPS,
UPS-MI, FedEx or other vendors handling mail or small parcel
* Stays abreast of technology advancements or industry trends
Toppan Merrill may leverage for achieving operational goals.
* Provides guidance and leadership to staff in obtaining Mail Piece
Design Professional (MDP) certification.
* Identifies and implements opportunities to streamline the mailing
and shipping functions.
* Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as
* Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meeting, and workshop.
* Provides communication on USPS rate and regulation changes to all
of MCS departments that engage in any mailing activity.
* Supports supervisor and team leads with production issues,
* Assures that all administrative tasks are handled properly.
* Responsible for overseeing the training of current and new
employees within functional areas.
* Takes action and timely reporting on disciplinary issues in
accordance with company guidelines.
* Responsible for continuous self-learning and for providing
training opportunities for employees within the department.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strategic planning/project management.
* Ability to understand processes and identify areas for process
improvement methodologies (such as 6-Sigma, TQM, MPTQM, Agile).
* Assist in budget development and administration.
* Develop and administration of Standard Operating Procedures.
* Quality Control implementations.
* USPS subject matter expert.
* Understanding of compliance auditing.
* Aware of business processes for Disaster Recovery
* Working knowledge of mailing equipment.
* Responsible for hiring staff and training to meet department
* Experience in high volume, high pressure production
* Experience with variable information workflows.
* Experience in a production leadership role with responsibility
for first line supervision, quality, production output,
productivity and scheduling.
* Implements programs to improve machine and manpower
* Excellent technical skills including PCs, MS-Office Suite (Word,
Excel), Adobe, and Internet.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work.
* Ability to work independently and cooperatively on teams and
influence others without direct authority.
* Ability to present and discuss issues/ideas with management
ability to lead and participate on projects.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to meet and exceed set quality standards.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
* 5+ years professional production or related experience.
* 5+ years of management experience, including experience managing
a print room.
* Technical experience: Digital Print (Ink jet printers, Canon,
Xerox machines) and Mailing expertise.
* 3+ years of experience in shipping, freight management, mail
services and/or customer service functions.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment demanding
excellent time management and technical print production management
* Proven track record scheduling staff and managing an intense
* Strong proven ability in scheduling of equipment utilization for:
pre-press, press, bindery, as well as packaging and
* Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact
effectively and manage through conflict with diverse individuals
* Must be able to oversee 24x7 operations.
* Flexible to work varied hours from above shift to accommodate the
needs of the business.
* Mail Piece Design Professional (MDP) or other industry
* Certified Mail and Distribution Systems Manager (CMDSM) or
relevant industry equivalent certification required within first
five years, and maintained during tenure in position..
Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the
principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.
Keywords: Toppan Merrill LLC, Saint Cloud , Digital Print & Mailing Manager, Executive , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!