Field Service Manager-VI, MN, MI territory
Company: GEOTEMPS, INC.
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Field Service Manager position is responsible for all
aspects of the mechanical, welding, and electrical service work
performed by the Virginia, Minnesota and Michigan Service group.
This is truly a "Manager" role with mechanical, welding and
Technical "hands on" virtually obsolete. Supervisors will be
involved to carry out the daily scheduled activities with a Service
Planner helping to plan and support. Setting standards, providing
data/research in order to justify equipment, tooling, vehicles, and
additional personnel are some of the "big picture" issues dealt
with. Day to day items include communications between the Field
Service Group and all other Departments, helping to solve
technical, personnel, and customer problems as they arise,
continuously promote a safe working culture, etc.
Percentage of Travel: 50%
1) Responsible for all Mechanical, Technical and Welding Field
Service throughout the Iron Range Operations. Area includes,
Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin. Maintain and facilitate
the On Call rotation schedule.
2) Promote an atmosphere of good will and accountability between
the company and the employees. Act in professional manner & build
trust with personnel through honesty and integrity
3) Participate in all Safety, Planning, Scheduling, Budgeting,
Sales, and collaborative meetings as required by management.
4) Develop and update job books, work scopes, documentation
records, and create job reports.
2) Create and maintain a culture where working safely is the
highest priority, and that "0" injuries and lost time accidents are
not only possible but expected. Ensure completion and collection of
FLRA's, OSD's, MSHA, Fleet, and all other inspection or
3) Develop and support a professional attitude with each Field
Service employee. Insure that each one of our customers, peers,
superiors, suppliers, etc. is treated with respect and in a
professional manner at all times. Conduct yearly promotion and or
performance reviews according to company & Union timelines.
4) Responsible for developing and adhering to the Field Service
5) Provide estimated costs and timelines to the Sales Department
for proposals on all jobs large or small.
6) Responsible for proper maintenance, repairs, and any
calibrations applicable on all Field Service equipment. This is to
be done timely, efficiently and economically. Including vehicle
7) Insure all Field Service personnel are effectively utilized and
or absorbed. Provide assistance to Human Resources on employee
retention and job related training.
8) Develop or identify training of Mechanical, Technical and
Welding Supervisors and Lead personnel. Coordinate with EHS for
shop equipment training needs, schedules, and certifications.
9) Drive the development of teams, improving communication,
interaction and relationships between Mechanical and Technical
employees with the department.
10) Plan and coordinate work with the Shop Supervisor to utilize
Field Service employees within the mechanical and weld shops in the
absence of field work in order to maintain absorption goals for the
department as well as to complete work within the shop that
directly involves completion of field work.
1) Lead and facilitate safety stand downs, safety talks, safety
training, and ensure toolbox talk topics are reviewed by hourly
employees and outside contractors during their pre-shift safety
meetings that are facilitated by the Leadmen. Maintain the safety
of all, this includes coordinating and/or facilitating refresher
training when needed and new training as supported/required by the
company. Train all Iron Range employees in the use of FLRA, ensure
100% compliance, and reporting injuries/incidents. Take part in
investigations with EHS and other management staff. Conduct team
meetings with Field Service employees monthly.
2) Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, employees,
3) Provide final dollar amounts on service jobs for invoicing.
4) Manage the supervision, planning, work scopes, quality
documentation records, and reports on all jobs. Track field work w/
Planner and attend/participate in all Field Service planning
meetings held weekly.
5) Work with Account Managers in all aspects of customer relations,
i.e. safety, job schedules, forecasting, work scopes, warranty
issues, any discrepancies, etc. Collaborate with WTY Administrator
to plan & execute all WTY work in a timely manner and/or within
specified timelines when stated.
6) Work with Warehouse / Parts Department personnel on any
shipping, receiving, and parts issues.
7) Establish KSuccess goals for Field Service Personnel and develop
custom training programs. Conduct yearly reviews for salaried &
hourly shop employees in accordance with existing company policy(s)
(and the Union Labor Contract for hourly).
8) Postmortem analysis on jobs to continuously improve efficiencies
and increase margins.
9) Continually monitor Field Service budget and expenses to keep
the department on track to achieve budgeted goals.
10) Develop and Quote service business opportunities working with
11) Verify On-site Detail Work hours tie out with payroll hours.
Ensure Field Service SF Cases are create, updated, and closed in a
12) Continual customer interface verbally, electronically, and in
13) Drive continuous improvement throughout the Field Service
department. 6S areas of responsibility and Fleet vehicles within
14) Request, monitor, and oversee outside vendor's quotes, req's,
requests, and work performed by them for Field Service work. Send
PO's to vendors for work to be performed and remit any paperwork to
the Buyer or Planner.
15) Manage, coordinate and monitor employees, schedules, vacations,
and review daily timecards for accuracy and completeness. Maintain
employee PTO schedules on Shared Calendar.
1) A two year Mechanical Degree or a two year Electrical Degree
with mechanical influence and three to five years' experience in
the service industry, or five to ten years' service maintenance
2) Three to five years in a management/leadership role this
involved ten to thirty reports, direct and indirect.
3) Heavy equipment and P&H Mining equipment experience a
4) Must have excellent computer skills, and be able to communicate
with all levels of business personnel.
5) Some knowledge of accounting to understand and manage
Keywords: GEOTEMPS, INC., Saint Cloud , Field Service Manager-VI, MN, MI territory, Executive , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!