Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: March 7, 2019
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (REGENCY PARK ESTATES - ST. CLOUD, MN)
(2) Weeks PTO in 1st year
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental Benefits- 1st of Month after 60 days
401k match up to 5%- After 6 months
Come join our growing team!
As a Maintenance Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance projects for the property.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Responsible for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues; general building preventative maintenance; maintaining the environmental conditions of spaces; maintaining accurate levels of inventory related to the building's mechanical systems; know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual.
Requires very little daily supervision. Self-directed and self-motivated once trained on routine duties. Requires personal initiative and mechanical ability. Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues to ensure the property is optimally functional, presentable, and safe.
- Perform minor and major HVAC maintenance, such as replacing motors and bearings.
- Change light bulbs, service flush valves, clean mechanical rooms, and plunge toilets.
- Paint and/or wallpaper assigned areas and perform minor repairs to applicable areas.
- Perform minor carpet repairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency and respond appropriately to the building automation and security (including card access if applicable), fire, life, and safety systems.
- Select and monitor service providers to ensure services delivered are the most effective and efficient for the property.
- Perform general building preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and effective for use, and down time with equipment meets or exceeds established specifications.
- Service and monitor the HVAC equipment.
- Maintain the environmental conditions of spaces to ensure the tenant and common space environments are acceptable for optimum use.
- Perform preventative maintenance on:
o Doors, locks, and hardware
o Wall treatments
- Provide assistance to the Community Manager to ensure that tenant improvements are accurate and address concerns with appropriate contact, such as construction or tenant.
- Monitor and maintain tools.
- Perform assigned duties as prescribed in safety manuals.
- Respond to test situations accurately.
- Maintain sufficient technical and industry contacts and knowledge.
- Participate in after hours on-call programs.
- Assist outside contractors with major inspections.
- Serve as a key contact between community managers, operations managers, general managers, and tenants.
- Apply current knowledge or devise creative solutions to proactively resolve issues.
- Utilize any tools and/or processes implemented by the organization to assure adherence to quality standards.
- Participate in capital improvements.
- Maintain operating logs and record temperatures, pressures, and chemical level of heavy equipment such as chillers and boilers.
- Complete reports and perform various administrative duties to positively support completion of activities and projects.
- Maintain accurate levels of inventory related to the building's mechanical systems to ensure optimum levels of inventory are on hand and readily accessible when needed.
- Purchase parts and supplies from vendors; review pricing for competitive rates for parts, services, and supplies.
- Stock items when received.
- Clean up vacant areas.
- Remove debris from the building and grounds.
- Know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual and the safety manual to ensure that actions promote the safety and security of the employees, occupants, and structures, and correct actions are demonstrated in test situations and actual emergencies.
- Promptly respond to all emergency situations, fire alarms, and natural catastrophes.
- Study and know the site-specific emergency manual(s).
- Assist tenant and emergency personnel in swift and careful evacuations when appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with management, vendors, equipment repair, maintenance, and tenants for day-to-day operational issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives and identify improvements to, and/or develop new, products, services, or processes to result in the discovery of more efficient and effective methods and/or new offerings.
- May assist with grounds-keeping duties such as mowing, weed control, tree/shrub trimming, depending on the property and need.
- May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
- Assist and/or back up coworkers.
Back up for this position is provided by other maintenance staff or third party vendors.
May have a company credit card with up to a $1500 limit, this varies by location and/or property.
Schedules will be determined by supervisor based on property needs. May be required to work after regularly scheduled hours, or days, based on property needs such as completing turnovers or filling in for other co-workers. May also be required to take after hour service calls.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement or IRET issued phone, according to company policy. May have access to a shared company vehicle. Eligible for mileage reimbursement, according to company policy, when no IRET owned vehicle is available.
Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local service clubs, charitable giving programs, merchant associations, Chamber of Commerce, or other business networking groups. Encouraged to participate in service projects, and to establish and maintain contacts within the community to promote IRET.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly. Wear back support belt during work hours when needed, and use safety equipment (goggles, mask, gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate.
- Customer Service Orientation- When dealing with internal or external customers - Manages difficult or emotional situations, responds promptly to customer needs or requests, uses customer feedback to improve service, follow through on requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
- Teamwork& Collaboration - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate and works effectively with all other employees/departments to accomplish company goals.
- Respect& Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promotes a harassment-free environment, embraces differences and utilizes those differences to the company's benefit.
- Ethics& Integrity - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values, maintains confidentiality.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, keeps emotions under control, focuses on resolving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments. Represents a professional image of IRET in conduct and adherence to dress code requirements.
- Organizational Support - Completes tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality outcomes.
- Responsibility- Know and adhere to all federal, state, and/or local laws as well as company policies and procedures contained in the manuals, handbooks and training provided by IRET or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- Resourcefulness- Understands how to get results, where to find answers to problems, consults a variety of resources in order to accomplish results, able to multi-task.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience- No formal education is required. High school diploma or equivalent, trade school education and/or field related experience will be preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations- Requirements vary by geographic location and property. May include, but not limited to: Boilers license, Universal Refrigerant Certificate, HVAC, pool and/or SMA Certificate.
- Driving Requirements- Valid driver's license required if assigned to multiple properties and/or responsible for purchasing supplies or tools.
- Language Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS sheets, and procedural manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, tenants and vendors.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, ratios, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to efficiently use and navigate on the internet and use web based timekeeping software. Experience with work order systems beneficial.
- Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required:
oConstantly (66-100% of the time) - to be on feet, stand, walk; bend, stoop, squat, kneel; use hands and fingers to grasp, grip, turn and feel; reach above shoulders, push, pull, lift and carry; operate equipment and tools; climb stairs and ladders; balance; and talk and hear or effectively and safely communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Lift or move up to 25 pounds.
oFrequently (33-66% of the time) - lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, write reports and drive vehicles.
oOccasionally (1-33% of the time) - sit; lift and/or move more than 75 pounds, although usually with the assistance of another employee and/or equipment.
- Work Environment- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
oConstantly (66-100% of the time) - exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration, and risk of electrical shock.
oFrequently (33-66% of the time) - exposed to moderate to high noise.
o Occasionally (1-33% of the time)- exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals; work in awkward or confining positions; work in high or precarious places.
IRET is an Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Keywords: IRET, Saint Cloud , Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!